CAIPD, in association with CBAA, met with NAV CANADA on the 10th of July, 2013. Some of the key outcomes of this meeting were:
- NAV CANADA does not design procedures. Most procedures are designed by its contractors: IDSNA and Jeppesen.
- Jeppesen does Quallity Assurance (QA) for EDO’s and Nav Canada does QA for IDSNA.
- Door is open to reduce QA level for EDO’s
- CBAA stated that there was no intellectual property issue if the only data transferred to the contract QA agency was the Nav Canada submission form, or one of similar format.
- Charles Montgomery says that the submission form (or one of similar format) is all that is required for procedure submission from now on.
The meeting minutes can be downloaded here: Meeting Minutes July 10, 2013